Friday, May 27, 2011

Symphony Designers' Showhouse

For 42 years now the Kansas City Symphony Alliance has been redecorating homes, well technically local interior designers and artists do the redecorating, and using the proceeds from the tours to benefit the Symphony and its programs for kids.  This year the 5 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom home, built in 1910, is located in the Sunset Hill neighborhood of Kansas City (yeah, I don't know what that means either, but it is a very nice neighborhood).  Laura took us to see the house a couple of weeks ago and I loved touring it! Not all of the rooms were decorated to my taste, but some rooms were too amazing not to share.

The front of the house

My favorite living room on the first floor. I can't figure out who this is by! If you know, please tell me so I can give proper credit!

Monochromatic dining room room by Ethan Allen.  I loved the his and hers chairs and the photos ---they're an old map of paris blown up and divided into 9 pieces. 

The funky and sophisticated nanny's room on the third floor by Katy Sullivan


Wine storage and leather countertops in the bar section of the kitchen by Kitchens by Kleweno


Another view of the kitchen...I l-o-v-e-d the back splash! It is a dogwood tree, which is Missouri's state tree and every little branch had to be hand pieced back there! So beautiful.  Also by Kitchens by Kleweno.



The coolest screened-in porch ever and probably my favorite room in the house. There is an identical hanging bench that matches this one.  By Jennifer Bertrand (winner of the 3rd Season of HGTV's Design Star) and Julie Ransopher of Bertie and Jules Design.

Oh and of course, if you're interested in living in this house, you can! For a mere 1.695M...

4 comments: