Saturday, May 14, 2011

sally's house

Sigh.  Something went wrong with blogger and it deleted my post.  Quite frustrating.  BUT--here's the jist of it--as some of you know, last fall my friend Sally asked me to help her decorate her new condo in Vail.  I am an idiot and never took ANY pictures.  And now I don't live there anymore.  So mad at myself.  Anyway, the experience was interesting.  I was nervous and spent inordinate amounts of time working on her house, but I loved every second of it.  I learned how hard it can be to design for somebody other than myself.  I wanted to be sure Sally would love everything!  However, I am quite happy with the finished product.  

Anyway, I'm going to post the before picture and the only (shaking head) after picture I have.

Here's the BEFORE:


And here's the AFTER:



This picture makes the space look a lot smaller than it really is. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Sally took this picture on her phone and the chandelier dominates most of it....but it gives you a general idea of how the new space feels.  The only things that remain from before are the dining room table and chairs and the gorgeous mirror that was moved to the wall.  Everything else is new! Even those gorgeous marble countertops!

2 comments: