Tuesday, June 14, 2011

doilies: not just for grandma anymore

When I mention doilies what do you think of?  Maybe you conjure up memories of visiting your grandmother in her house that smelled like old people.  Or, maybe you think of those valentines that you just had to make for everyone in your class in 2nd Grade even though you really couldn't stand that boy who sat next to you and wiped his boogers on your desk.

Well, think of those things no more! Because doilies are making a comeback and in a pretty awesome way.

Doilies make special, unexpected envelopes:

1.

An easy way to make an intricate design on an invite:

2.

An elegant yet inexpensive plate charger:

3.

A new take on pillow embroidery:

4.

Fun wrapping paper:

5.


Or, perhaps most impressively, a lamp:

6.

Wayyyy cooler than what you first thought of, right? I was about to say which doily project I most want to try, but realized I can't choose.  Might just have to try them all.

images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6

2 comments:

  1. doilies always make me think of making valentines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are reading my mind! I was experimenting with doilies and paint on kraft paper the other day! No lie!

    ReplyDelete