Tuesday, February 1, 2011

first of february

My visits to the holistic doctor are making me want to integrate more environmentally friendly practices into my life.  I know that holistic doctor doesn't necessarily equal green, just like a regular doctor doesn't necessarily not equal green.  But my success there (more to come on this later) is inspiring to live a more whole life in general.

I want to try to take baby steps towards making my life both more eco-friendly and healthy.   My goal (do I have enough goals yet??) is to integrate a new "green practice" into my life every month.  This month, I'm starting simple: being better about turning off lights.  I am normally pretty good about this, but, admittedly, have gotten worse this winter.  I think it's because subconsciously I remember that utilities are included in our rent.  I don't feel so much pressure to save money.  But it's not just about saving money, it's about not wasting energy.  So tonight, I made a very conscious effort to turn off every light that I didn't absolutely need on.  There were plenty of times where I realized I'd left the light on in the entry way or in the kitchen.  And while I didn't want to get back up and out from under my blanket to turn them off, I did.

So, yes, baby steps.  Maybe my steps are too little.  But this is one thing I know I can do right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment