Tuesday, January 11, 2011

first photos

I really resisted taking the camera out of the box.  I didn't want anything to happen to it.  I didn't want to drop it, or scratch it, or get fingerprints on it.  I was so nervous!  There were so many people around (aka 4) and hardwood floors and any number of things that could be spilled onto its fragile frame.  I reminded myself of those overly anxious mothers who arm themselves with gallons of hand sanitizer and wont let their kids dig for worms.  I really don't want to be like that.  So, I let Dan take the camera out of the box.  

I also let him take the first pictures.  I was overwhelmed.  There are so many buttons! Yikes! Which one to push? But once I took my first picture, I realized that (at least when you use the automatic modes) the camera is really easy to use.

Since I promised at least a picture a day, here come a few of our first ones.  They're not necessarily of anything in particular, but more just to figure out the settings, etc.  JR and Christy, who we visited in Denver, were in the process of taking down their Christmas tree.  It no longer had ornaments or lights on it, but  Dan snapped this close up of a branch.


In the next one, Dan was showing me how you can create light trails by keeping the flash* open for extended periods of time...At least, I think that's what he told me?  There are SO many new vocab words floating in my head:  f-stop, aperture, AV, TV, ISO.  It's a lot to keep track of, but I'm working on it! (*by flash, I meant shutter....I knew I was getting it wrong!)



Dan took a few close ups of George, the kitty, eating dinner.  The other cat, Newman, seems to be a bit camera shy.  I really like these pictures. They make me want a pet.





This Red Stripe picture is one of the first ones taken by me!  The Canon takes such crisp photos.  I love it! 



You only get one picture from me so far!  Haha, I have a long way to go before I'll begin to know what I'm doing.  But at least the camera's out of the box! 

No comments:

Post a Comment