Sunday, January 16, 2011

australian black plague

Most of the time, I love working with the kids at ski school.  But every so often, those pesky little brats get me sick.  And right now is one of those times.  I know exactly who it was.  At least, I think I do.  These two adorable (they are adorable in spite of their illness) girls from Australia.  They arrived here infected with what I am now calling the "Australian Black Plague."

Their parents, probably thinking they're some sort of super-parents, are taking them on a fancy-shmancy, multi-week American vacation.  They've been to New York, New Jersey, Las Vegas, skiing in the Rockies (aka here) and are heading to Disney Land soon.  Great.  That's just great.  They've now been to places I've never seen.  (Not even counting the fact that they live in Australia...not that I'm jealous or anything...) But, they're 3 and 5 years old!  Enough already! They're beyond exhausted, can't even appreciate this trip/probably wont remember it, and to top it all off, have infected me with their Australian Black Plague. 

I kid you not, when they first arrived in ski school last week, they were both foaming at the mouth.  Okayyy, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but they did both have egregiously gross white crustiness around their mouths.  And they were both hacking away (cough is too delicate a word for the noise escaping them).  Incessantly.  You'd hear one hack, and the other would echo it.  And then again, but vice versa.  NON. STOP.  And I just kept thinking to myself, stay away, stay away, stay away.  Wash hands, wash hands, wash hands. But now I have a sore throat.  And I swear, if I get those disgusting white crusties around my mouth, I will hunt those kids down in DisneyLand and...well...probably not do anything, because I'm a wimp like that.  But maybe the nice California weather would cure me at least?

Update: I wrote this two days ago and didn't have a chance to post it.  I wanted to take pictures of a cup of tea or something to accompany it.  Now, I am sick in bed with a full-on head cold and potentially a stomach flu?  Either that or my stomach hates me for taking dayquill.  In any event, I have no interest in taking or posting pictures at the moment.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment