Sunday, December 11, 2011

450 billion dollars

In the midst of all things Christmas (we're about halfway there, folks), this video serves as a great reminder of what Christmas should be about.  No, it's not about gifts.  It's about spending meaningful time with loved ones.  Caring for those less fortunate than you.  Stepping back to appreciate what and who you have in your life.




In all honesty, this video is a little too Jesus-y for me.  I mean, I know that Christmas is Jesus' birthday and that that's what this holiday is technically celebrating.  And I guess that's the point of this video.  I just don't think that you NEED to incorporate church or Jesus to let go of the materialism and appreciate life and love.  

So my challenge to all of you is to take the time in the next couple of weeks to remind yourself of what is truly important this holiday season.  Try to spend "real" time with someone you love - no cell phones, no television - or maybe take some of the money you were planning on spending on gifts and to use it to help someone less fortunate than you.  I found this video on IHOD and Anna has a great printable "Gift of Time Certificate" if you'd like one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment