Monday, August 1, 2011

first of august: green goal

My green goal this month is simple.  It's to not let the water run while I brush my teeth.  I have a really bad habit of doing this, for some reason it is comforting for me to hear the running water.  But I know it's bad and I shouldn't do it.  To inspire me to turn off the water, I found pictures of some faucets that I find to be extra beautiful.  Of course, I don't know if that would actually help me turn them off - I think I'd want to use them all the time!

vintage-feel faucet. love that toothbrush holder
such a beautiful faucet.  it reminds me of paris
industrial faucet
And some pictures of water in Maine from my iPhone to remind me of all that water I'm saving:

lobster boats in Freeport harbor as seen from the Harraseeket Lobster Pound
Crescent Beach State Park in my hometown of Cape Elizabeth
the most beautiful lighthouse in the world (I'm not biased or anything)
Portland Head Light, deceptively located in Cape Elizabeth
Maybe I should print out this post and hang it above my sink? Also, can you tell I'm excited for my trip to Maine?? We leave on Thursday! I'm notoriously bad at countdowns, so I'm not sure how many days that is -  3? 4? Either way, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment