1. Bring a reusable water bottle. No need to buy a water from the vending machine! I'll save money and the environment. This one is the most obvious.
2. Bring a reusable coffee cup. See #1.
|Vintage Metal Frogs from MySeriousSide|
3. Buy green or thrifted items for my desk if I find I need something that is not available to me in the supply closet. This is really just an excuse for me to buy fun office antiques, but really there's no need to buy something new.
4. Re-use any paper if possible. I'll try to write on the back of papers I printed/received that I no longer need. Even if I can't use these for official purposes, I can use them for writing lists - something I have been known to do from time to time.
|To-Go Ware Lunch Kit|
6. Carpool to work. I won't start doing this right away, since I'm in training and don't really understand my schedule yet, but as soon as I do Dan and I plan to try carpooling as much as possible. He lives a bit farther away than I do, but there's no reason why we can't do this.
That's all I can come up with so far. I'll let you know if I think of something else. Is there anything you guys do to be green at work?