Tuesday, October 11, 2011

maple vinaigrette dressing

Confession: I made this salad to go along with this pasta.  The flavors may not meld so well, but I had been wanting to make my own maple vinaigrette dressing for awhile now and what better place to do it than Maine?

I looked at a lot of recipes and this is the most straightforward one I found.  I didn't want any herbs or species to adulterate the maple flavor.  I actually made a salad almost identical to the one pictured with the vinaigrette recipe: lettuce, pear slices, blue cheese and crushed walnuts.  I did wish my lettuce had been slightly more delicate in flavor - perhaps a spring mix next time.


Maple Vinaigrette Dressing
Recipe from Drizzle and Dip

4 tbs olive oil
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbs plus 1 tsp real maple syrup
salt

Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Pour onto salad just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment