Thursday, March 22, 2012

maine: an afternoon with lynsey

Dan and I were so excited to kick off our weekend in Maine by spending Friday afternoon with Lynsey.  We got to stop by her apartment, originally seen here.  It's even more beautiful in person than it is in the pictures.  The sunlight she gets is incredible.  She is moving out soon (right, Lyns?), and I'm almost tempted to move to Portland just so that apartment doesn't escape me.






After a lunch of fresh seafood at Becky's Diner, a walk around the Old Port, and a visit to Lynsey's apartment, we headed to Portland Architectural Salvage where we sorted through dusty bins and were mesmerized by the way the sunlight filtered through the stained glass. 






It was so much fun being back in Portland! I've found that when I return home now, I even relish the sound of seagulls. It's true what they say: absence makes the heart grow fonder.

1 comment: